Monday, February 6, 2012

An actual fun Shakespeare Biography? Who knew?

For the reading part of my journal I wanted to write about "Will In the World." by William Greenblatt. This Biography talks about how William Shakespeare might have grown up to be the genius that he is known as today. Greenblatt uses documents that we have that Shakespeare and his family had signed as well as historical knowledge of the time period to create a realistic narrative William Shakespeare's life. Have you ever wondered what plays Shakespeare might have seen and how? How someone not a noble and not highly educated could write with such beauty? I had and this book does a beautiful job of talking about and attempting to answer these questions.
     I am only a few chapters in and I find it very interesting and the language engaging, very different than a normal biography that can be dull. Once I've finished this book I will let you know more of my thoughts but this is my fun reading for the next week or so. I never imagined a biography would be so readable and I think I would use this in my future classroom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment